So I think I am just completely obsessed with a few products some of that being Paper rose stamps dies, stencils and of course their new paper collection, and the others being all things Distress oxide- sprays, and pads and well also the Cosmic shimmer opals and gilding polishes.
I have wanted nothing more than to get inky with all of these amazing products and that is exactly what I managed to do for this singular (I know weird for me that there is only one) card.
Although there is only one card at the moment I did, however, make numerous backgrounds because once you start it's very hard to stop.
To start off with I just went in and played, experimenting with techniques and different methods of adding the ink. I played with some of the new colours, Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen bow as well with Seedless Preserves and my favourite Peacock feathers.
Once the inked panels were completely dry, I went through them all to see which I liked the best, then decided to use the stencil once more with some cosmic shimmer gilding polish in enchanted gold. It really added a little extra something to the mix along with some texture.
Now that I had the main panel complete, it was time to figure out the rest of the card. I decided I wanted to create a winter scene, so I pulled out the Little house border die and the little house on the hill border die, cut both of them out using white glitter cardstock and heavyweight black cardstock.
To correct a little blunder with some of the die-cut houses (one layer was a bit too short) I decided I would add a frame around it all, this would hide the blunder nicely.
So I pulled out the large Stitched Square frames from Paper rose, and die cut the largest from several layers of heavy cardstock, the top being this beautiful purple colour that played well with the colours in the background of the inky panel.
Once I completed all the die cutting, it was time to assemble the card. I created a base from Bazzil 12x 12 cardstock, trimming it down to 5 7/8 x 5 7/8, I trimmed down some more glitter cardstock to layer under the main panel, this measured 5¾ x 5¾, the Inked panel was cut down to 5½ x 5½, I trimmed the border die-cuts to measure the same as the stencilled background so all would fit nicely.
Before I could start assembling the card I needed to figure out my sentiment situation. I decided to use the season's greetings stamp from the collaboration set with Simon Says Stamp, I stamped it on to some vellum and then heat set it. I decided to rip the top edge of the vellum to give it some texture, later I did go in and add some Tonic glitter glue.
From there it was assembly time, I glued the glitter layer to the card base flat using Tonic liquid adhesive, I repeated the process with the little houses on the hill die-cut, I glued that flat to the inked panel. I then popped up the second die set using 3m foam tape.
I took the sentiment strip and wrapped it around the bottom of the die cuts and taped it to the back of the card, then I added the frame with foam in just the right places to keep the dimension and then it was time to add it all on to the base. Once it was down I added some blue and clear gems to the snowflakes, beside the sentiment and the glitter glue to the ripped edges of the vellum for a finishing touch.