Hello friends! How crazy is it that we’re in the middle of August already?? Today I’m sharing with you some super cute little Monkey friends from Paper Rose, using the Monkey Love stamp and coordinating die set, so let’s get started!
For today’s cards you’ll need the following goodies:
- Paper Rose Monkey Love Stamp Set
- Paper Rose Monkey Love Die Set
- Paper Rose Circle with Lines Die Set
- Paper Rose Clouds Die Set
- 1 sheet of Neenah Solar Crest Classic White 80lb cut into 4 equal sized rectangles.
- 10cm x 20cm piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock
- 10cm x 30cm piece of textured white cardstock
- Simon Hurley Creates Inks in the following colours: Bee Sting, Over The Moon, Slippery When Wet, Over Zealous, Later Gator, Clear Skies, Remember Me, Rosy Cheeks, Woof! and Grr!
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Ink blending tools/brushes
- Versamark Ink, Anti Static Tool, White Embossing Powder and Heat Tool
- Glue, foam tape, paper trimmer, die cutting machine
- Pearl Embellishments
- Glimmer Brush Pen (in clear)
- To start with take the piece of Bristol Smooth and stamp 2 of each monkey, plus 1 each of the lighthouse, boat and telescope in the Versafine onyx black ink and set aside to completely dry.
- Once dried I’ve used Bee Sting, Over The Moon, Over Zealous, Clear Skies, Remember Me, Rosy Cheeks, Woof! and Grr! to colour each of the items.
- Take your first panel of Neenah and using Remember Me, create a circle that is strong in colour in the centre and then fade it out. Pop it aside to dry.
- For the second panel, use a scrap piece of printer paper to cut yourself a rolling landscape. Blend the grass area with a mix of Over Zealous and Later Gator.
- Approx 4cm from the top, place a strip of low tack tape, cover the blended grass up and ink blend the sea using Clear Skies and Remember Me. Slowly remove the tape and allow to dry.
- Once dry, use the tape to cover the edge of the ocean up and use Clear Skies to blend the sky and set aside to dry completely.
- For the third panel blend Slippery When Wet a third of the way up the panel, and then use Clear Skies to cover the rest.
- Use Remember Me to darken up around the edges of the ocean. Don’t be too fussy around the edges as this panel is cut down.
For Card One: Using the blue circle blended panel I’ve then stamped the ships wheel multiple times across the card in versamark ink and heat embossed using white powder. I’ve then cut the Circle with Lines die from the white textured card stock and glued it in the centre of the card. I’ve then glued my two monkeys together holding hands, and placed them sitting on one of the lines. I’ve used a small black piece of cardstock to white emboss the sentiment on and mounted it with foam tape. I’ve finished the card with some glimmer pen on the sentiment and two small silver pearls.
For Card Two: I’ve used the landscape background, die cut 3 clouds from the textured white cardstock and glued those down, giving them a bit of sparkle with my glimmer pen as well. I’ve then stamped my sentiment directly onto the scene and heart embossed in white. Lastly I glued on my monkey holding his telescope, sitting next to the lighthouse.
For Card Three: I’ve grabbed the last panel and then white embossed my sentiment directly onto the background. I’ve then given the card a few swipes with my glimmer pen to add a little sparkle to the sand and water. I’ve glued my little monkey and her boat and set aside to dry for a minute. Once dried completely I’ve cut it down into a slim panel, and using the leftover piece of Neenah, I’ve cut another panel which slightly smaller. I’ve glued that onto the back to lift it slightly and then mounted it to the leftover white cardstock which is approx 15 x 10cm (it has been reversed so there’s only a slight texture).