Hiya friends, and welcome to my latest post for Paper Rose Studio! Today I’ve created a mixed media card using a couple of different pastes over the top of patterned paper, so let’s get into it!
Paper Rose Products used: Artsy Print 6 x 6 Paper Collection, Isla Flower Builder Metal Die, Chunky Hello Layered Die Set, Stitched Rectangles Nesting Die Set (AU), Smooth White Cardstock, Abstract Contrast 6 x 6 Stencil, So Extra White Sentiment Sheets
Other products used: Thin foam tape, white and black cardstock, texture paste, gold paper glaze, various inks to create the apricot colour ink for texture paste, Green watercolour paint, gold watercolour paint.
- Die cut patterned paper with largest rectangle die. Tear strip of leftover paper and glue down to left hand side.
- Mix texture paint with ink and add through stencil. Clean stencil immediately using soap and warm water. Set panel aside to dry.
- Die cut sentiment from black cardstock and background layer from white cardstock, glue together and set aside. Cut sub-sentiment.
- Die cut leaves from Isla flower builder set, mix green and gold watercolour paints together and lightly splatter on leaves. Set aside to dry.
- Stencil gold paper glaze into empty areas on patterned paper panel and set aside to dry again.
- Take a sheet of Smooth White Cardstock and fold in half to create your card base. Foam tape your patterned paper panel to the front of the card, add sentiment die and printed sub-sentiment. Glue leaves to the left hand side.
Have a fabulous day, and see you next time! – Kelly 🙂