Hello friends! Today I’m sharing with you a set of simple cards that would be perfect to make in bulk, and could be used for any occasion.
To recreate today’s cards you’ll need the following goodies:
- Paper Rose Quatrefoil Layer 1 Die
- Paper Rose Hello Layered Die Set
- Paper Rose Hello Stamp Set
- 1 A4 sheet of Yupo paper
- 3 panels white cardstock measuring 10cm x 14.5cm
- 1 piece glitter cardstock measuring 9.5cm x 12cm
- 1 piece vellum measuring 9.5cm x 12.5cm
- 1 piece black cardstock around 5cm square
- Alcohol inks: I’ve used Pinata in Baja Blue and Lime Green, as well as Rich Gold for highlights. Blending solution/Isopropyl Alcohol (min 91%)
- Gold foil (I’ve used Couture Creations)
- Nuvo crystal drops in Bright Gold
- Versamark ink, heat tool, superfine gold embossing powder
- Die cut machine, Scissors, Foam Tape, Liquid glue etc.
Before assembling the cards you’ll need to create your background. I did this using the full sheet of A4 Yupo and then cutting down after it was dry but you could cut the panels first then cover if that’s more your style.
Add your inks and move them around either with a heat source (preferable a hair dryer over a heat tool) or use a straw as I did.
Once finished with the colours allow to dry nearly completely except for the ‘ridge lines’ where the colours overlap then rub the gold foil over the ridge. Do it sporadically so it doesn’t overwhelm your coloured work!
Set it aside to dry completely while you cut your Quatrefoil background die 3 times from the white panels, heat emboss your sentiments and die cut your sentiments from the glitter cardstock and vellum and glue the layers together.
I then decided on my positioning for the background die cuts over the Yupo and glued them down BEFORE cutting them from the A4 sheet. Once trimmed out I created all three cards the same way; Hello layered die cut on first, followed by a sentiment (if I was adding an extra one) and finishing off each with a few Nuvo drops.