Hello friends! Well Spring has definitely sprung here in Brisbane, and so I thought it would be time to bring on some florals! Today I’m sharing a set of cards created using the Doodle Flowers stamp set, and bringing some sparkle in by using a shimmer spray.
To recreate these cards you’ll need the following goodies:
- Paper Rose Doodle Flowers Stamp Set
- Paper Rose Doodle Flowers Die Set
- Paper Rose Sunshine Words Stamp Set
- Paper Rose Bird Day Stamp Set
- 3 card bases
- 1 sheet Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb – cut into 4 equal panels
- Simon Hurley Creates Inks in the following colours: Bee Sting, Traffic Cone, Over The Moon, Rosy Cheeks, Triple Berry, Overzealous, Clear Skies and Remember Me.
- Blending brushes/tools
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Gold Shimmer Spritz
- Die cut machine, stamping platform, foam tape, liquid glue etc
- Silver thread
- Take the first of the Neenah panels and ink blend Bee Sting into Traffic Cone, and then Traffic Cone into Over The Moon and set aside to dry for a minute, then give it a few spritzes of gold shimmer spray and set aside to dry completely.
- Once dried, use the leaf stamp and stamp all over the coloured panel in Versafine Onyx Black, allow to dry, then die cut using the coordinating die.
- Using the Sunshine Words sentiment stamp set I’ve stamped “sunshine” first in Over The Moon, followed by the “you fill my heart with” in Bee Sting onto another piece of Neenah, then have cut it down.
- I’ve then glued my leaves directly to my card base overlapping each other, then mounted my sentiment with foam tape, popping a little silver thread behind it to give it a bit more sparkle.
- I’ve used the next Neenah panel and blended 3 circles of ink directly onto the paper, being slightly bigger than the daisy flower – two in Rosy Cheeks and one in Triple Berry.
- After allowing the circles to dry for a minute I’ve spritzed again with my shimmer spray and set aside to dry.
- I've then stamped each circle with a daisy and allowed to dry completely before using the coordinating die to cut them out.
- Stamp the sentiment directly onto the card base using the same ink colours, glue the pink flowers down and foam mount the purple one.
- I’ve used my last panel of Neenah and blended Overzealous into Clear Skies, then Clear Skies into Remember Me on the left hand side of the card.
- I’ve then gathered several of the doodle flower and leaves stamps and have stamped each of the images, masking some off as I go to give me differing layers. I’ve then stamped the “to brighten your day” from the Sunshine Words sentiment stamp set, and the “just a little note” from the Bird Day stamp set.
- To finish this card I’ve splattered the card with the gold shimmer spritz, as well as a little Overzealous and Clear Skies which I added a little water to.
- Once the card was dried I used my Faber Castell PITT artist pen (black 199) to add a few black dots near the two larger leaves.
Thanks for stopping by